Live Integrations are used by Workplace customers to stream video content to Workplace Live from an external tool. There are two methods that a customer can use to go live on Workplace: External Encoders and Third-Party Live Integrations.
External encoders make use of the RTMPS protocol to stream to Workplace Live any content they capture from one or more sources. More information about external encoders can be found here.
Third-Party Live Integrations are out-of-the-box integrations that can be used to stream content from third-party videocalling platforms to Workplace Live. These integrations have been developed and validated by Workplace and the corresponding third-party providers, i.e. Zoom, Cisco or BlueJeans.
In the following section, we will learn how to configure these third-party integrations.
Configuring third-party integrations
There are currently three integrations available to live-stream content to Workplace from a third party platform:
How to enable Live streaming on Zoom
In order to do this configuration, you need to be an admin in Zoom. The step-by-step guide can be found here.
How to go Live on Workplace from Zoom
Any user who has been granted permissions on Zoom can go live on Workplace following this guide.
How to enable Live streaming on BlueJeans
In order to do this configuration, you need to be an admin in BlueJeans. The guide to enable it can be found here.
How to go Live on Workplace from BlueJeans
Any user who has been granted permissions on BlueJeans can go live on Workplace following this guide.
Webex by Cisco
How to enable Live streaming on Webex
In order to do this configuration, you need to be an admin in Webex. The step-by-step guide can be found here.
How to go Live on Workplace from Webex
Any user who has been granted permissions on Webex can go live on Workplace following this detailed guide.Using Live Integrations Options
Using Live Integrations Options
There are a few elements in common for all Live integrations. Two of them are the panels to configure your stream before going Live and to manage and monitor your stream once the Live has been launched. Here we explain how they work.
Options to Go Live
The panel below is the one that any Live Integration will prompt just before you go Live on Workplace.
These are the options available:
- Name: Where you need to add the name/title of your Workplace Live stream, that will be visible to every potential viewer.
- Description: Where you need to add the description of your Workplace Live stream, that will be visible to every potential viewer.
- Include Q&A: Enable this option if you want your Workplace Live stream to be a Questions & Answers session. More information here.
- Choose where to broadcast: Two options to select if you want to broadcast in your own timeline or in a group (default option), and the group where you want to stream the content.
- Auto-generated captions: Enable this option if you want your Workplace Live stream to auto-generate captions. More information here.
- Live rewind: Enable this option if you want to let your users to go back in the video while the stream is still live.
Options to Manage Live
Once the Live has been launched from one of the integrations, you will see a control panel to manage and monitor your Workplace Live stream without leaving the source application.
In this panel, you will be able to see how many viewers, questions (if it's a Q&A), comments and reactions your stream is having. You will be also able to end your Live stream, see the comments/questions from the audience and answer them.